This tomatoey fish bake is best for a large family gathering. Greek spices, slow-baked fresh salmon from the ocean and boom you are transported to Greece. Greeks know how to eat healthy, and live well.
6 salmon steaks, sprinkled with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
6 round slices or lemon
3 large potatoes washed and sliced thinly (skin on), blanch with hot water and set aside.
Tomato Sauce Ingredients:
Greek olive oil, 2 tablespoons
8 large tomatoes, diced
2 cups strawberries, diced
½ cup shallots, thinly sliced
6 cloves roasted garlic
¼ cup celery, finely chopped
½ cup diced carrots
2 cups white wine
1. Sauté the shallots in the evo, add the garlic and fry quickly, add the tomatoes, strawberries, celery and carrots. Stir well, sprinkle the cinnamon into the mixture and cook for 10 minutes.
2. Pour the white wine into the tomato sauce, stir well and simmer for 15 minutes on low heat. Remove an set aside
1. Preheat the oven to 380 degrees.
2. In an 8 x 12 pan, rub a pat of butter to moisten the pan, layer the thin slices of potatoes, place the salmon steaks skin-side up on the potatoes, pour the sauce evenly over the steaks, place one slice of lemon on each steak. Place in the oven and bake for 40 minutes. Remove and cool for 10 minutes.
3. Serve with our Kasha salad.