Spanakopita is possibly one of the most famous Greek dishes, we love this flaky pastry crammed with fragrantly spices spinach. Welcome to my version with spinach and salmon and loads of flavours, spanikotart.
Makes 12 Tarts
12 tart shells
10 ounces cubed salmon, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, drizzled with Greek Olive oil and set aside.
1 tablespoon Greek evoo and ! teaspoon butter.
1 bundle dandelions greens, washed, chopped and drained
3 handfuls spinach leaves
½ cup finely diced onions
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 cup crumbled feta
- Preheat the oven to 380 degrees. Scatter the salmon in a shallow pan and roast for 15 minutes.
- While the salmon is roasting, caramelize the onions in olive oil and 1 teaspoon butter. Add the garlic and quickly sauté. Add the dandelions and spinach, toss well to coat the greens, cover with a lid and steam for 5 minutes. Remove the lid and cook until the liquid is gone.
- Remove the salmon from the oven and divide equally between the 12 tart shells. Top the salmon with one tablespoon each of the cooked greens. Squeeze a few drops of lemon juice over each tart
- Divide the feta into 12 portions and add to each tart. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove and cool.
- Serve as an appetizer or enjoy with a green salad for lunch or brunch.